Friday, April 16, 2010

Egyptian Hogs

CNN has aired a report about Harley Davidson club in Egypt as a change from the depressing issues in this nation where 40% of its population live under the poverty line !!
The report showed the first international H.O.G rally Egypt hosts in Sinai.
Here is the report which is represented by the beautiful Lebanese reporter Rima Maktabi. "I remember her when she was in Future TV"

The one person who is behind this rally and also this mania in Egypt is a woman and her name is Engy Ghattas , the daughter of Harley Davidson's agent in Egypt still before you think that it is for business or for marketing, you should think about this again as Engy seemed to be crazy with Harley Davidson and their rally. she already represented Egypt in the H.O.G rally in Beirut last year as I recall.
Unlike the hogs in the States , the Egyptian hogs are from the A Class that can afford the price of Harley Davidson experience itself.
As a person I respect those Harley lovers in Egypt , in fact my mother's cousins own it but I feel that the whole thing can't blend easily in our culture and in our society , already starting for the HOG culture itself and its subcultures , may be it is a stupid perception the media enforced through time but I do not know how different the life meaning I gain when I ride a Harley Davidson from that when I ride a Vespa1 !!?? it is all marketing game I am afraid.
By the way I am more of Vespa girl
Links :
Notes
1. Vespa's agent in Egypt are the Ghattas family too

3 comments:

  1. You call yourself a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they allow Vespas in the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was pretty interesting, I thought. They also had a segment on trying to cross the streets in Cairo, last week one day (I forget exactly when).

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.