Friday, August 18, 2006

You need to be taught some manners before interviewing a president

Last night I saw an interview between the Lebanese President Lahood and an American correspondent of an American network ,seems to me from CBS or NBC , I think I saw him before in 90 minutes. Anyway I saw that interview  not on MBC 4 or any American TV channel but on NewTV.

The American interviewer came to Beirut after the war was finished and before that he was staying in North Israel , covering the war from Karyat Shomona so you can say he was covering the war from the Israeli side

I won't speak about bias , I won't speak about changing truth because really for the first time I admire President Lahood's answers on those provoking questions of this journalist, he didn't give him a chance , there is a great tension you can feel

I will speak about the rudeness of this interviewer , the rudeness that makes him boldly ask a President of another country if he were a puppet in the hands of Syria !!

Mr President are you a puppet in the hands of Syria ??

I don't think the word "Puppet" is suitable to used not with a President but with a man who is old enough to be in the age of my father , I don't know  but this question can be re-phrased in another way for example

Is the Lebanese State Decision making in the hands of Syria??

I believe this is much better ,of course I know that the interviewer intended to use this word to embrace and humiliate Lahood on air , but the man didn't give a damn

I am a Lebanese , I am not a puppet in the hands of anyone, I am nationalistic Lebanese who works for Lebanon's best interest

I wonder if this rude person can ask Bush using the same word

Mr President are you a puppet in the hands of Israel ??

I guess after this question you can imagine how the interview was going from accusing Hezbollah of being a terrorist , a puppet in Iran , Lahood taking another Presidential period  bla bla bla , not to mention the way he was setting in front of Lahood,where his shoe was in front of Lahood 's face , I don't care if this is an American habit but he is interviewing a President which means there are certain Protocols when you are dealing with certain personalities in the state !!

The most provoking question that this journalist kept asking over and over and Lahood answered him wisely again and again until he was going to hit him with something very sharp

Do you condemn targeting civilians with Katysha 's missiles ??

Stupid question , of course biased to the Israelis and no respect what so ever to the third degree citizens of Lebanon

Lahood for the first couple of times said those wise words

War is bad for every one

Then

You didn't answer my question I will repeat it again ; Do you condemn targeting civilians with Katysha's missiles?

I will admit that Lahood tried to be much diplomatic as he can when he said that War was bad for everyone , because he knew very well if he said the truth he will be accused of being anti-Semitic person , the wise Journalist told him that an Arabic woman and baby died and he was in Karyat Shomona when the sky was raining rockets , well good for him he wasn't in the southern Suburb in Beirut!!

At that Lahood was going to lose control and told him

what about 1500 Lebanese who got killed ??

But this didn't change the man's bias to the other side , you see he already travelled to the other side with his perception without seeing the truth

So you don't condemn the murder of civilians with Katysha

Lahood told him in a nice that he didn't deserve

Do not put words in my mouse

Lahood proved to be very patient , my mother , who is a nasserite and doesn't like President Sadaat , told me that this correspondent would have taught some lessons in manners if he had made that interview with Late Sadaat. The guy came intending humiliating Lahood , making him appear like a stupid dictator who is a puppet in the hand of Syria, Iran and Hezbollah

But it turned the opposite at least in my opinion , Lahood attacked Bush and the American administration in a way no other Arabic president did on an American TV , he even called "Condeleeza" Condi , brave man

Look I never was a supporter to Lahood especially after extending his presidential period but then after what happened this year ,I believe it is good to have him now

He is not that bad as you think

Lahood you are a man

3 comments:

  1. ya pharoan meen pharaanak kal malakaet el ylimeny. Madam Gorilla, sorry i mean condalisa Rice went to Lebanon and attacked lahood several months ago, without being invited. She also came to egypt and met the opposition leaders like that wimp Ayman Nour.All of them were very friendly with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Amr ,I can't accuse everyone who meets condi to be a traitor , can't ,Seniora met her with 3 kisses ,yet he stood with his country's request till the end
    plus I don't like this description of yours about Nour

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw an inteview on the BBc with Nour's wife. She literally asked the free world to do something about Moubrk's dictatorship.

    As a free Egyptian i would rather be ruled by cockroash than a government brought by those whose hands are dripping with Arabic blood.

    I can't say that everyone who meets Condi is a traitor as long as he is governmental official. But for an opposition leader to aske aid from freign country ,especially the US, then i consider that treason. By the way, i have nothing against American people i mean individuals who walk in the sreet. i once had a very good American friend and my brotyher is living in the US.

    But am talking about the American foreign policy makers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.